Cucumber eyes. We’ve all seen them, whether on television, at a resort, or maybe you’ve even tried it yourself. But what is the purpose? The original use for cucumber slices on your eyes was to reduce swelling. The cool cucumber, with its already round and petite shape, was a perfect fit! But we’ve come a LONG way, and now know there are multiple benefits to cucumbers and the superpower tonics they possess.
- Cucumbers have the ability to quickly and safely reduce the appearance of dark circles! The multitudes of antioxidants, along with the silica within the cucumber, rejuvenate like no other!
- As mentioned above, 20 minutes with cucumbers on your eyes (or even cotton balls soaked in cucumber juice) can help alleviate under-eye puffiness. This is mainly due to the large amount of ascorbic acid in cucumbers, which decreases water retention.
- Grate a cucumber and use it as a spread all over your face and neck. Doing this on a regular regimen can reduce the appearance of freckles over time!
- One of the most common uses for cucumbers is to improve complexion and rejuvenate skin. Mix cucumber juice with a few drops of fresh lemon juice and apply it as a facial mask. This should leave your skin glowing, and should fade scars and uneven pigmentation.
- Tired of forking out big bucks for expensive facial toner? Try a tonic made of apple cider vinegar, a few drops of lemon juice, honey, and aloe vera gel. This will immediately tighten open pores and reduce your chances of getting blackheads.
- Finally, one of the biggest concerns a woman has when it comes to beauty; cellulite. Want to banish those dimples on your thighs? Take ½ cup of ground coffee, 1 tbsp. of raw honey, and just enough cucumber juice to make a thick paste. Apply this to the affected area, wrap it up with a muslin wrap sheet for 30 minutes, then gently exfoliate and rinse. Watch those pesky dimples disappear in no time!